Your Birth, Your WaySince 1989
California’s First State Licensed and Nationally Accredited Birth Center
Best Start Birth Center exists in order to improve the health and well being of mothers, babies, and their families. The center is organized to give women high-quality choices, satisfying experiences, and healthy outcomes.
Natural Physiologic Birth
Family Centered Birth
Natural Family Planning
Well Woman Care, Birth Control
Care is provided by Licensed, Board Certified Licensed/Nurse Midwives. Our Midwives, Waterbirth and Family-Centered birthing are why our clients rave about their birth experiences at Best Start Birth Center.
Explore the beauty of natural birth. Your body knows how to birth your baby. We support your journey prenatally, during birth, and postpartum. The benefits of natural birth at Best Start are many:
- Evidenced-based midwifery led care, shown to improve outcomes
- Private rooms and birthing pool designed to facilitate a feeling of safety
- Alleviation of unnecessary interventions which is shown to lower cesarean-section rates
- A calming environment designed to increase relaxation and reduce stress
- Natual modalities in labor such as massage, healing touch therapy, acupressure, and aromatherapy
- WATERBIRTH as an alternative drug-free form of pain management!
- Freedom to eat, drink, and move about as desired, which is shown to promote shorter labor
- Choice to give birth in any position you choose, including in water, which relaxes the pelvic floor
START YOUR CARE EARLY!
For a Healthy Pregnancy, Start Care Early! If you don’t have insurance, Best Start provides PE MediCal, (for those who qualify). Best Start also accepts Tricare Prime & Select. Call today: 619-299-0840
OUR CLINIC HOURS
Prenatal, postpartum, and Well Woman Care are available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm, however Best Start midwives are on-call for Best Start clients 24/7. Childbirth education classes and tours are also available outside of normal business hours to accommodate working families.
FREE PREGNANCY TESTING at our office, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Please call first so we can be ready for your arrival: 619-299-0840 x4 or 800-479-BABY.
Please note that our address is: 3630 Enterprise Street but google brings you to 3634 Enterprise Street, (next door).
AABC Strong Start Participant