Your Birth, Your WaySince 1989
California’s First State Licensed and Nationally Accredited Birth Center
Best Start Birth Center exists in order to improve the health and well being of mothers, babies, and their families. The center is organized to give women high-quality choices, satisfying experiences, and healthy outcomes.
Family Centered Water Birth
Natural Physiologic Birth
Midwifery & Ob/gyn Services
Prenatal & Postpartum Care
Family Planning: IUDs and more
Well Woman Care, Pap Smears
Your care is provided by a team led by licensed, board Certified Nurse Midwives. Our holistic and compassionate care, water birth and family-centered birthing are why our clients rave about their experiences at Best Start Birth Center.
BENEFITS OF NATURAL BIRTH
- The beauty of natural birth is that your body knows how to birth your baby.
- Evidenced-based midwifery led care is shown to be safe and improve outcomes.
- Private rooms and birthing pools are designed to facilitate safety and comfort.
- Alleviation of unnecessary interventions is shown to lower cesarean section rates.
- A calming environment increases relaxation and reduces stress.
- Natural modalities in labor such as massage, healing touch therapy, acupressure, and aromatherapy don’t have unwanted side effects.
- Water birth is an alternative drug-free form of pain management.
- Freedom to eat, drink, and move about as desired is shown to promote shorter labor.
- You aren’t restricted to the bed and can choose to give birth in any position you choose.
PREGNANT? START YOUR CARE EARLY NO MATTER YOUR INSURANCE STATUS
For the healthiest pregnancy, start care early. If you don’t have insurance, Best Start provides Presumptive Eligibility Medi-Cal for those who qualify. We accept most health insurances including Medi-Cal, Tricare Prime & Select, FamilyPact and more. Call our office to discuss your insurance coverage. We also provide a discount for those who do not have health insurance.
OUR CLINIC HOURS
Prenatal, postpartum, preconception, & well woman care are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Drop in for free pregnancy testing.
Midwives are on-call 24/7 for established clients for labor & delivery and urgent care.
Childbirth preparation classes and tours are available evenings & weekends.